The Mortified Looks On Their Faces
Our daughters: “Mom and Dad, romantic?”
“Please…do not embarrass us!”
How Did We Get Here?
Was I destined to cross paths with the right partner at the right time in my life? Sliding doors/do you ever wonder how your life would be different now if you had taken the other door
Is it pure luck to meet and marry my best friend? 40th anniversary/you know he is a keeper when
How did losing my wedding ring help me reflect on my marriage? I was tempted to lie to my husband
One Definition of Romance
Romance is the feeling we chase in relationships. … It’s a powerful force that makes you feel connected to someone in a deeper way. It’s the gestures, both big and small, that make you feel especially wooed and especially cherished by your partner. Romance is what takes your relationship past friendship. healthy relationships/what is romance
Friends Share Their Thoughts on a Happy Relationship and Romance
- Separate interests
- Similar interests
- Similar values
- Laughing often
The number one response in 2020 for a happy relationship is
The Man Cave!
Moments That Make a Marriage
A Peak Into Our Private Life
- The first Summer we met – A birthday cake for me and inviting a few people over when I was all by myself in a new community.
- Running the four minute mile home, after receiving my message, “I think the T.V. is on fire!”
- Not flushing the toilet when I am in the shower.
- Kissing me after I have been car sick (albeit a quick kiss on the cheek)
- The dishes are done before I wake up in the morning. No job is beneath you.
- Perfecting braids, pigtails and ponytails.
- Torrential rains and hours putting up tarps.
- Dropping everything to meet me at the hospital when one of the children is sick.
- Countless hours helping with ill, fragile and compromised parents.
A marriage may not always be 50/50. Sometimes it is contributing 100%. Especially when your partner needs you the most.
As For My Question On Romance After 42 Years of Marriage?
The ingredients for a long term, happy marriage are as varied and unique as the couples in the relationship.
Romance is made up of moments, the gestures, both big and small.
Life is always precious.
The gift of time, priceless.
I am grateful for the 42 years we have had together. I will cherish the moments ahead of us.
Happy Anniversary, Dear.
What ingredients would you add for a happy relationship and romance?
Behind The Scenery
A Romantic Getaway
Carving out precious alone time together has always been a priority for us.
A challenge when raising children and work schedules.
Even now, obligations and commitments fill our days.
Our Anniversary Retreat at Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
A rustic cottage in the woods.
Rejuvenating, nurturing and relaxing mineral pools at the Grotto Spa.
Exquisite, Endless Tapas dining at the Treetop Tapas & Grill. One of the best meals we have ever had!
All in the comfort of dining in our robes.
Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort gave me permission to share the above photos from their photo gallery. We were not allowed to take photos inside the Grotto Spa and Treetop Tapas & Grill.
A Bonus Gift On Our Getaway
A Perfect 42nd Anniversary!